Tuesday 8 November 2016

08/09


Couldn't be bothered posting yesterday because I was over it. Still struggling hard.

So  I decided to watch some tutorials. First up was Approaching Studies by Kalen Chock. He set homework for his class so I figured I should do the homework as well.
Couldn't figure out how to do the texture on this one. 
This one's not finished yet. By far the funnest. I'm also working on another one.

 Then I watched the virtual Plein Air video by Timothy Rodriguez. Not gonna lie, I stopped paying attention (A.D.D) and so my study didn't go so well.  I thought it was later than it was, so I rushed... Could've gone for another 30-60mins :/


After my black and white studies, big shapes were a LOT easier, little shapes, not so much. I still haven't figured out a good way to indicate water. I need a focal point, I need more texture in the right areas (though I don't like using texture brushes.. I rationalise that painting on paper would have a lot of texture though, and digital pretty much has zilch). Probably my studies just need a lot of cleaning up, and some more bolder, confident shapes and decisions. I like the sky in the last one, it was really just a lot of indication. And foliage... still suck at foliage.. And rocks! :/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment