Tuesday 15 November 2016

11-62/12-62



I fell behind. I need 2 or 3 to catch up. For various reasons, I just didn't want to do it anymore. I think when you're doing something outside your comfort zone your brain likes to trick you into thinking it's the worst thing ever. For today's study I just picked a picture and went for it, opaque brush so I couldn't noodle or mess around. It went smooth. Sure, it's not even great, but for a rudimentary tool, and trying to do it as quick as possible (while still trying to not 'rush' it) it came out alright. 

The values are okay too. Could've been better, they always can. I think it's also harder to push through when you're not seeing improvement. I'm back at it now, I might stick to an opaque brush. I think if it works with a hard brush, it'll work when you add texture/edges/etc. Of course it's good practice to do those things from the start, but this is a hard topic for me, so it's easier to just simplify it way down. 

Painting people is so much more fun for me, but it's probably just because I'm used to it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment