Thursday 3 November 2016

04/62


Had fun playing with different brushes today. It looks so mushy though. I need to practice graphic shapes (notan) first probably, to get a stronger read on the composition. I like how the sky came out. Took forever though, and I wasted the morning doing other stuff, so I got nothing done today. :/ 


Worked on this some more and now I don't like it. It's become really static/over rendered. And the rendering isn't even working so, what a waste. It's basically just a study for what I really want to do though, so that's okay. I messed around with it after I realised I didn't like it and added the decoration to her face/head. 


I turned off a layer underneath some of the rendering (before this screenshot - but I didn't take a screenshot then, d'oh). I realised the really brushy, expressive strokes look really awesome with just a bit of detail/rendering on top. I suppose that's how Sargent/other great painters do it, but I was never able to get the hang of it before. I think I want the final piece to look more like that. I'm not a fan of over rendered stuff. 




No comments:

Post a Comment